Election Facts to Keep Handy for Thanksgiving Dinner Discussion – The New York Times By KEVIN QUEALY
- Hillary Clinton definitely won the popular vote, and that lead is only going to grow.
- Turnout in the 2016 election was not low. It is about the same as it was in 2012 and comparable to most 20th-century presidential elections.
- Yes, the polls were off, but not in extraordinary ways.
- Third-party candidates, like Gary Johnson and Jill Stein, may have cost Mrs. Clinton Michigan, but they almost certainly did not cost her the presidency.
- Exit polls are useful, but don’t give them too much credence.
Details at the link above.